I’ve been on the hunt for a creative and inexpensive way to make personal business cards. There are a ton of card templates out there that have a splash of color, but I wasn’t keen on intricate designs. I found this DIY for gold gilded business cards, and I decided to modify it using a neon pink.
- Business cards. I ordered mine from FedEx.com, which provided simple templates and free shipping.
- Neon spray paint. I used Rust-Oleum in Flour Pink.
- Newspaper or brown paper bag.
- Stack cards as evenly as possible on newspaper or brown paper bag.
- Spray paint all sides of cards, placing can about one foot away from cards. Only spray one thin coat and let dry.
- Spray as many coats as needed, letting each coat dry in between.
- Do not over-spray. Wait until each coat dries until you continue. If you over-spray, color will bleed through and cover the front and back sides of card.
I went a bit spray happy and did not know (from the other DIY) that you should not over-spray. I hope that little tip helps others!